I didn’t realize until today that my previous version of Quentin Caps was not embedding properly. I procured a new version that properly embeds and have since rebuilt the sheet. I’m sorry that I hadn’t caught it sooner. You can download the new version from either this post or the original.
Anyway, I like how this one turned out so I hope you enjoy it as well. Click on either picture to download the PDF. The borders are between 1/4 and 3/8 so if your printer can handle it, I would recommend you print it at actual size, not sized to fit.
MASSIVE UPDATE: Unbeknownst to me, my previous version of Quentin Caps was not embedding. Using Microsoft’s Typography Font Extension I found that the version I had been using restricted embedding. I have since procured a version that will embed and have since uploaded a new version of the character sheet. Sorry for not catching this sooner.
Several weeks ago I bought WOTC’s Original D&D reprint from Barnes & Noble for less than $100 with shipping. While I am not sure when I will be able to break it open to play, I scoured the web looking for character sheets to use with it. I know, heresy, who the hell needs a character sheet for OD&D? Well I wanted one anyway.
My first stop was Mad Irishman Productions as he has one of the largest collections of homemade characters sheets I have found. Not only that but he obviously has taken great pains to recreate the look of the originals. But alas, there was none for OD&D to be found.Eventually I found my way to Dragonsfoot.org. Now there are some fantastic sheets there, but none for OD&D. I did find buried in the forum, a character sheet that someone had created, but they had filled it in, so it wasn’t particularly useful. What I liked about it though was that he added Race, Armor Class, and Hit Points to the upper middle box. Info that I can’t believe wasn’t on the original sheet. Except it had not been lost on me that one of my most popular posts has been my Mentzer Basic D&D Character Sheet so I figured what the hell. Lets see if I could recreate the original sheet from 1976.
Man was it a bitch! I determined very easily that the font was Clarendon or some variation thereof, but it appeared to have been manipulated. Using Microsoft Publisher, I had to increase the spacing between the letters and widen the characters. But once I was finished, when held up to the light, everything lined up and was nearly identical to this gentleman’s scan.So this pdf on the left was the result. I made a few adjustments of my own such as renaming the ‘Gold’ box to ‘Treasure’ and changing the ‘Spells’ box to ‘Spells/Abilities. You be the judge if I got it right. Let me know what you think.
Unfortunately I have no idea what is on the reverse side of the original sheet, so if anyone has a scan they can provide, I’d love to make this sheet complete. Assuming of course that there was anything on the other side to begin with.
As with all of my stuff, feel free to use for your personal game.